Friday, January 11, 2013

Malapascua - little Boracay



One of the perks of living in Cebu is having easy access to beautiful places like Malapascua. It was my first time there and I fell in love with the place. It's almost the same as Boracay but with less people, less bars, less shops and less water sports. But the set-up was almost the same. Resorts are situated in front of the beach but the beach itself is open to all. The sand is fine and the water is clear. I didn't know a place like this could be this accessible to me since I've really envied the people living near Boracay which was my last trip before Malapascua.

How to get there.

We took the non-aircon bus going to Maya from North bus terminal. Paid 150 (discounted price).

From Maya(the last bus stop) we took a banka going to Malapascua Island. We had to pay for the whole banka so it would be exclusive to us. I'm not sure of the exact amount but I remembered it was about 1000+ and that is good for 16 of us. 

Maya port
we had our lunch here



Arrival at Malapascua.





Where to stay.

We stayed at Jonee's Camp Resort a small resort which was like a 5/10-minute walk from the beach. 

I dunno if my friends enjoyed the walk going to our resort but I did! It reminds me of my childhood. It reminds me of my hometown. It was fun. It was like walking in a maze and in every intersection you'll meet some locals and foreigners.

it's like entering a secret garden


a cute girl from the Island
At Jonee's Camp Resort.

From the name itself "camp", you could actually camp their in their neat open area. They will provide you a tent and pay for it or you could stay at their rooms which was really small and the walls between each room was so thin you could hear people talking from other rooms and think they are just inside your room.





we get water from this well to wash our utensils


Inside our Room.




Waking up the next day.

We woke up at 6am the next day to prepare for our island hopping. While the rest was busy preparing the food, I was busy taking pictures at the beach... hahaha. 











Island Hopping.



 

As far as I can remember, we had 4 stops and all we did was snorkeling and not island hopping.

The first stop was snorkeling at the spot where a ship sunk during World War II. It was scary at first coz it was dark and big. All I was thinking was there might be a shark or skeletons there. It was my first time to see a shipwreck and I find it cool to see one not just in movies.

The 2nd stop was near a cliff where you can dive. The 3rd one was what they call the sanctuary and it wasn't like the ordinary sanctuary that I've been to. It was at a farther part of the sea, farther from the shore and the waves were big and the current was strong but the corals are really pretty and there were a lot of fishes.

diving cliff


The last stop was at this place surrounded by rocks. The corals here are really beautiful.

 

It was a 2D/1N trip. Yes that was pretty short but I had so much fun. I can say for a budget traveler, this place is perfect! 


No comments:

Post a Comment